This was a crazy pigeon that was pestering a cat, but I want to believe there are flying cats in Russia.
(via Barselonna) On a side note, you suck at cat, cat.
The cool thing is that in the first photo, the wings not only match in colour, but look as if they’re be the perfect size for a winged cat.
i scrolled past this and then i went back up and played it and the sound was off for whatever reason but i listened to it and i’m really glad i did
Here are some wonderful facts about Sea World’s orcas!
- The average lifespan of wild orcas ranges from 30-50 years, although some females can easily make it past 80 (a wild orca named J2 or ‘Granny’ is 103 this year!). The lifespan of a Sea World orca is around 25 years, the median age being 9. But at least they put on a good show!
- Don’t worry, collapsed dorsal fins are a common condition, although in the wild only sick or injured orcas have collapsed dorsal fins. All of Sea World’s males and some females have it, it makes them look unique!
- The size of Sea World’s tanks compared to an orca is about the same as a human to a bathtub. Lot’s of room to stretch and move!
- Wild orcas swim 100+ miles a day, they would have to swim around their tank 1,400+ times a day to achieve that. But that seems like a lot of work, and you may see the animals hanging out near the surface of the water or on the bottoms of their tanks for hours. That’s a lot more relaxing than swimming all those miles!
- Sea World gives their orcas a Valium-like drug to stop the whales from acting aggressively towards each other and to numb their minds from their vastly uninteresting concrete tanks. Buying a ticket to Sea World is an excellent way to help them pay for these drugs that they pump their animals full with!
- Many captive orcas show abnormal behaviors like head bobbing, chewing on concrete, and self mutilation by banging their heads into the side of the tank. Obviously just temper-tantrums! Silly things.
- In the wild, there has been only one orca attack. Bad orca! While in captivity, there have been over 100 attacks and 4 deaths. These animals just need more training, it couldn’t possibly be related to their confinement!
- Food is used as reinforcement for tricks. Do a trick, get your dinner. Don’t want to do a trick? I guess you don’t eat tonight you stubborn thing!
See? Sea World isn’t as bad as people make it out to be! Oh, one more fact: for every $1,000,000 Sea World makes, about $600 goes into conservation efforts (about $0.5 a ticket). I’m so glad they care about conservation of the ocean! Amazing work!
If you haven’t realized it yet, this post is 100% sarcastic. It should be obvious, but not everyone understands sarcasm…
I literally cry with laughter every time I watch this.
99% of women who’ve ever had sex have used birth control at some point in their lives. Obviously there’s gotta be a lot of reasons why so many have joined the party―BuzzFeed asked 22 women for theirs. The answers are perfect.
Played: 472641 times
IT SOUNDS LIKE HE’S IN THE BOTTOM OF HELL SCREAMING CHOCOLATE
Horton hears somebody he used to know
do you ever regret drawing something
Still pretty proud of my response to this.
Book Burning Memorial
'In the center of Bebelplatz, a glass window showing rows and rows of empty bookshelves. The memorial commemorates the night in 1933 when 20,000 “anti-German” books were burned here under the instigation of Goebbels. There's a plaque nearby that says something like “Where they burn books, they will also burn humans in the end.” '
Interesting but rarely mentioned: most of the content burned that night came from the Institut für Sexualwissenschaft (institute for the science of sex) headed by Magnus Hirschfeld. The institute and Hirshfeld himself were some of the first to openly campaign for the right to have sex with someone of the same gender, the right to transition if you did not identify with your birth sex and for the general acceptance of queer people. The team had already performed the first SRS operations in Germany and in addition, the institute advocated sex education, contraception, the treatment of sexually transmitted diseases, and women’s emancipation.
Photographs of the night of the book burning are plastered across history books world wide, but the queer movement that was destroyed that night often goes unmentioned.
reblogging again for that^
Testing the Reflexes of Seven Kittens
oh my god they’re so adorable UGH
I like the two on the far left. They have MOXIE.
thank u for saving bi lions
I’m white and I hate my hair. But I will not be denied a job for my hair. I will not have random people wanting to touch my hair. I will not be asked if I have a weave. I will not be kicked out of school for my hair. I may hate my hair, but will not be persecuted because of if. White people do not need the natural hair movement.
tomorrow there is a 90% chance of precipisatan
it’ll be foggy in the morning, lots of condensatan
OK, when you guys get down here to hell, give the doorman your URLs and I’ll get you VIP treatment.
You guys are alright.